The mission of the Fremont Public School Foundation is to support the Fremont Public Schools by:
- Raising funds to support programs for the enhancement and enrichment of public education, which would not be possible through local tax funds.
- Recognizing excellence in public education for all students.
- Enhancing the quality of education for all students.
- Reinforcing positive relations with the community.
- Enriching the quality of life for the community.
The FPS Foundation was formed in 2003 as a means of supporting the quality educational programs that are essential to keep Fremont Public Schools strong. The Foundation is dedicated to providing valuable and innovative programs that cannot be funded through local tax dollars alone. Since its founding, the Foundation has served as the mechanism for the following major projects:
- Upgrades to the Fremont High School Nell McPherson Theatre including lighting, sound, and stage equipment.
- The purchase and installation of Automated External Defibrillators for all schools in Fremont, including Bergan and Trinity.
- The creation of the Creative Teaching Grant fund, which provides grants to FPS faculty each year for innovative teaching strategies, technology, and support materials.
- The initiation of an annual Academic Achievement Banquet that recognizes outstanding academic achievement by graduating Fremont High seniors and the contributions of their faculty mentors.
- A shared project with the Fremont Public Schools resulting in the purchase and installation of LED projectors in all core classrooms in the Fremont Public School District.
- The iGive for iPads project that provided more than 350 iPads for elementary schools.
- Chromebooks for Kids project that provided more than 750 Chromebooks to assist FPS in providing 1:1 technology for all students in grades 5-12.
- The purchase and installation of a new Emergency Radio Communications upgrade for all schools in Fremont, including Bergan and Trinity.
In addition to these projects, the FPS Foundation also serves as a valued source for private funding for a number of groups within the Fremont Public Schools. A few of the more active groups are the booster associations for the choir, the Girls Basketball team, as well as the High School’s Activities Department, and the elementary counselors. Each of the elementary schools also maintains an account with the Foundation, where private funds are gathered for the support of special school projects. Each of these groups raise private funds for activities that are in alignment with the overall mission of the FPS Foundation.